2021-10-12 Council Agenda
MILLHEIM BOROUGH COUNCIL
Tuesday, Oct 12, 2021 at 7:00 P.M.
- REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
- CITIZENS INPUT (For items not included on the agenda, comments limited to five (5) minutes.)
- CONSENT AGENDA
- CODE ENFORCEMENT/ HARB / PLANNING COMMISSION REPORTS
- EMPLOYEE REPORTS
- APPROVAL of MINUTES – Sept 14th, Sept 22nd, Sept 29th, Oct 06th
- APPROVAL of SEPTEMBER FINACIALS
- COMMITTEE and MAYOR’S REPORTS
1. Regional Planning Meeting – brought up regionalizing trash pickup similar to COG due to issues of
riff raff, recycling, and other issues. Mild interest in that and mental health services.
- NEW ACTION ITEMS
- Resolution 2021-12 – EMS contribution
- Uni-Tec Invoice
- PSAB Membership
- East Penns Valley Code Lease
- Solar Array/West Penn Credits
- Budget discussion (per capita tax, dental/vision, wrap up)
- Approval of article for website by Ed Carter – Get Michelle Grove to make it so we can add it
- Park Rd/Bridge update – getting estimates for repairing it due to flood level storm
- Penn St. Bridge/update – last needed permit turned in
- Grant related topics
- Recycling grant info turned in – Leslie to determine billing
- Liquid fuels grant (needs in) – use for some road signs, painting arrows for borough roads one-way (Beth to discuss), and rest of equipment costs relating to recycling grant
- Happy Valley Adventure Bureau grant report (Walkfest Grant) turned in
- Potential funding from DCED for Small Water and Sewer – Corman’s office brought up our Sewer expansion/membrane project
- PennDot Multimodal grant – pursue with Park Rd., 3 small bridges?
- Low Volume-Pavement and Gravel grants (pursue with Park Rd., 3 small bridges?)
- Dogwoods got mowed down?
- Commissioner Mike Pipe to visit to get tour (November 10th), other commissioners invited. Will check out bridges, solar array and other things we want to highlight).
- OLD ACTION ITEMS
- JSSB loan (commit to fixed rate?)
- Frazier Street Address
- Support for Solar Co-Op work – Henry McKay (become a partner?)
- Water/Dam grant update (currently still waiting on DEP)
- Human Relations Commission – delayed
- Pollinator update – trying to coordinate volunteers (same as before)
- Review of HR Policies
- SECRETARY’S/TREASURER’S REPORT
1. Donations – Pool, Library
2. Town Clock CD Maturity 11-02-2021
3. Pension Obligation
4. Volunteer Fire Relief Association
4. Water Funds – transfer loans payments
5. Gutelius Services
6. E-mail List
7. Code Agreement
- CITIZENS INPUT (Comments limited to five (5) minutes)
- MISC. COMMENTS AND CALENDAR ITEMS
- Millheim Planning Commission Meeting – October 26, 2021 – 7:00 p.m. – Council Room (if needed).
- HARB Meeting – November 2, 2021 – 7:00 p.m. – Council Room (if needed).
- Next Council Meetings – October 22nd, 2021 – 8:30 a.m. (if needed); November 9th, 2021 – 7:00 p.m.
- Regional Planning Meeting – November 23, 2021 – 7:00 p.m. – Old Gregg School Room 106