The U.S. Census only happens once every 10 years, but census data is used every day to shape our future. Millheim Borough relies upon federal funding and grants for many projects and initiatives in our community, which are allocated based on Census data. Our Borough must be accurately represented, and we need everyone’s help in ensuring a complete count.
The Census has consequences that all Borough residents will live with for the next 10 years. For every person missed, it costs our local governments $1,600.
You can help ensure everyone is counted by filling in the 2020 Census form. It will be a short set of questions about the number of people living in your household, their ages, race, and ethnicity. It’s critical that you fill out your form because your response will determine Millheim Borough’s population and federal benefits for the next decade.
The Census Affects National Emergencies, like COVID-1
If you want Millheim Borough to get its fair share of federal funds and recover from an economic disaster, it’s important to fill out the census. An accurate census count will be crucial for public health officials going forward.
Did you know that Census data helps first responders by:
- Identifying where and how much help is needed
- Determining the distribution of resources for public health systems
- Determining policy and budget decisions
- Receiving federal funding. The Census is the baseline for policy and budgeting for the allocation of public benefits and health programs, such as Medicaid and Medicare.
An inaccurate census could limit first responder’s ability to:
- Understand the spread of the virus
- Identify what groups were most affected by it
- Assist researchers in finding ways to stop future viruses from spreading
Take the Census at: my2020census.gov or call 844-330-2020